Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 125g Freekeh
- 250g Brussels Sprouts
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 60g dried cranberries
- 40g hazelnuts
- 50g feta
- 2 cups of water
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
1. Boil water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Once boiled reduce heat to medium and place freekeh in the pan, partially covered for 20mins or until tender.
2. Heat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
3. Trim and half the brussels sprouts. Trim and peel the broccoli stem then coarsely chop. Cut the broccoli head into small florets. Peel the carrot and cut into chunks.
4. Roast the vegetables from step 3. Put the broccoli and unpeeled garlic clove on one tray and brussels sprouts and carrot on the other. Drizzle with oil and season to your liking with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 mins or until golden and tender.
5. Meanwhile, chop the cranberries and hazelnuts.
6. Put the roasted vegetables except for the garlic, cranberries and hazelnuts in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and combine. Sprinkle with below garlic dressing and feta.
1. Squeeze the flesh from the roasted garlic with the flat side of a knife blade.
2. Put the mashed garlic, 2tbsp of oil, 1tbs white wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.